zondag 12 februari 2012

Tutorials

I've been part of the online dolls- and crafty community for several years now, and I'm still enjoying it as much as in the beginning. The community grows, every day I feel inspired by the ideas and creations of creative people al over the world. I feel so blessed that I'm able to be a part of it... what a huge advantage of the digital possibilities nowadays!

Almost everything I learned in the last years about dolls and various forms of crafts, was learned by reading tutorials and blogs and by asking questions to kind people who were willing to share their knowledge. I decided I'd like to do the same thing for people who are new to the community, and just starting to learn about their favorite forms of craft. Tutorials should definitely become a part of this blog!

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a professional in any form of craft I do, I've not been to art school, neither have a degree in design or whatever. Like I said: I learned by reading, trying and asking. I've learned a lot, made mistakes and learned from them again. I would just like to share that knowledge and experience with anyone who's interested, and maybe help them to make just a tiny step in mastering their creative skills!


























So...the big question is: what kind of tutorials would you like? Here's a little list of what I can help with:

  • blythe customization
  • reroots
  • sewing
  • crocheting
  • spinning and dyeing fiber (still a beginner myself!)
  • needlefelting
  • a little bit about photography/photo-editing (don't expect much though ;))

And well, anything else you've seen in my shop or photo stream (see links on the right). Please, leave a message if you're interested in any of these subjects, I'd love to hear what I can help with!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. That would be a lovely and generous idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Ona! I'd love to help...but I just don't know where to start, heheh :)

      Verwijderen
  2. That's SO wonderful of you, Lisette! I would LOVE to learn Blythe Customization and rerooting, has been at the top of my crafting *To Do* list for a few years, but way too much on my plate until now. I'd also love to knit and crochet. Thank You for your generous offer! BIG Dolly Hugs! ~Valerie XXOO

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I'd love some tutorials on sewing(skirts, jeans, etc.) and crocheting tutorials would be fa too. What an awesome idea to start posting tutorials!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What a nice idea! I would love to learn to customize blythes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks a lot Valerie, Eef and mc!! Your input is very useful to me :) I see both crocheting and blythe customizing have interest, and sewing dolly clothes.... Hmm, I have a little idea for a first, simple tutorial!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Follow me!